Dakota Indian tribal wisdom
Dakota Indian tribal wisdom says that "when you discover you are
riding a dead horse... The best strategy is to dismount." However...
In the education world... We NEVER seem to get it...!!! Smarter Strategies
---(i.e. What's wrong with Education in America?)
- Buy a bigger and stronger
- Changing riders.
- We are not stupid...
"There is obviously a better way to ride this horse..."
- Appoint a committee to study
- Arrange to visit other
schools, to see how they ride dead horses.
- Increase the standards
required for riding dead horses.
- Appoint a special team to
revive the dead horse.
- Create a training session to
increase our dead horse riding ability.
- Study the "state of dead
horses" in today's environment.
- Change the requirements...
declaring that "This horse is not dead."
- Hire more Administrators to
repair the dead horse.
- Harness several dead horses
together, for increased speed.
- Declare that "No horse
is too dead to beat."
- Provide additional funding to
increase the dead horse's performance.
- Do a CA Study to see if
outside contractors can ride it cheaper.
- Purchase a product to make
dead horses run faster.
- Declare the horse is...
"better, faster, and cheaper," when dead.
- Form a quality circle to find
other uses for dead horses.
- Re-analyze the performance
requirements for all dead horses. -- And Finally --
- As a Last Resort... Promote
the dead horse... To a Superintendent's Position...
(No offense meant to any past and/or present Administrators
I have worked under/for/with...)